For inquiries regarding transport control, please use exclusively the following email:
Always provide your name, surname, and the transport control protocol number. You may also include your contact phone number. Do not contact us by phone. We cannot respond to phone inquiries regarding transport control as we need to first retrieve the necessary information. Therefore, there is no need to rush us. We usually respond to email inquiries regarding transport control within 5 working days. The time required to process the email extends the deadline for any penalty payment at a lower rate, as well as the deadline for providing a valid travel document.
Fare Surcharge Amounts
The fare surcharge for traveling without a valid ticket and for other violations of the Contractual Conditions of Carriage is 1,500 CZK + a flat fare of 25 CZK. The passenger has a period of 30 working days to settle the claim.
If the passenger pays the surcharge in cash, the surcharge is reduced to 1,000 CZK + a flat fare of 25 CZK. There is no appeal against a fine paid in cash.
If the passenger proves within 5 working days that they were a holder of a valid season ticket, they will pay a surcharge of 50 CZK the date and time on the valid ticket must be earlier than the date and time of the fine imposition.
The method of payment for the surcharge is determined by the inspector. The time required to process the email extends the deadline for any penalty payment at a lower rate, as well as the deadline for providing a valid travel document. It is not possible to provide one-time tickets, including universal, daily, and multi-day tickets, as proof of payment. Passengers who claim a discount must present an identification document to verify their age. In the case of students, only an ISIC card is accepted. For journeys that do not include public transport in Brno, presenting a national standard orange student ID card is sufficient. The surcharge for other violations of the Contractual Conditions of Carriage, except for traveling without a valid ticket, is 1,000 CZK.
How to pay a penalty imposed by KORDIS JMK, a.s. (red protocol)
In accordance with the current wording of Act No. 266/1994 Coll., on Railways, or Act No. 111/1994 Coll., on Road Transport, passengers are required to pay the fare and the fare surcharge.
In person at KORDIS JMK branches
At the Contact Centers of IDS JMK, it is possible to pay the fine by card or in cash. Matters regarding transport control are handled by the Contact Centers in Brno and Břeclav.You can find a list of Contact Centers here
Payment by bank card on the e-shop
By bank card directly on the IDS JMK e-shop. In the upper right corner, click on the | FINE PAYMENT | button and fill in the required information in the form. Then click on "Pay" and enter your bank card details.
By bank transfer
By bank transfer to the account of KORDIS JMK, a.s., account number: 43-2427980297/0100. The surcharge can be sent to the KORDIS bank account either by bank transfer or by postal money order type A, or by direct deposit at a branch of Komerční banka. It is always necessary to include a variable symbol, which is the number of the transport control record (a seven-digit number in the upper right corner). The date of birth serves as a specific symbol, and the constant symbol is 0179.
How to pay a penalty imposed by DPMB (blue protocol)
In person at the DPMB supplementary cash desk
The surcharge and fare can be paid in cash or by payment card at the DPMB supplementary cash desk located at Novobranská 18 (2nd floor). The sanction can also be paid through the BrnoID e-shop. For any complaints, inquiries, and clarification of any uncertainties, please contact the DPMB Tariff Contact Center.DPMB Tariff Contact Center
Please note that unpaid debts (within 30 days) can be assigned by KORDIS JMK to other entities after the debtor has received a final written notice. After the assignment of debts, KORDIS JMK has no claims against the previous debtor, and the debtor must communicate exclusively with the entity to which the debts were assigned. The amount being collected may reach several times the original debt amount! KORDIS JMK, a.s. is not legally obligated to remind the passenger to pay the debt. The date of payment is considered to be the date of crediting to the account of KORDIS JMK, a.s. If you contact us by email with a complaint about the imposed penalty or a claim for a discount, the deadline for payment or submission of the claim is extended by the time required for our response.
The authorized person is the driver, an employee of the carrier in a uniform, and a person who presents the IDS JMK control card or control badge. If they present a control badge, they will also present the inspector's control card upon request.
Inspectors of KORDIS JMK, who inspect regional train and bus lines within IDS JMK and lines 1-99 operated by other carriers within IDS JMK, are identified by a green badge and control card.
Inspectors of DPMB, who typically inspect lines 1-99 operated by DPMB, are identified by a blue badge and control card.
The authorized person is entitled to:
- give passengers instructions and orders to ensure safety and smoothness of transportation;
- check compliance with the transportation contract by passengers, particularly the validity of travel documents;
- decide on the method of checking travel documents;
- refuse or exclude a passenger from transportation if, despite warnings, they fail to comply with the Transport Regulations, Contractual Transport Conditions, or IDS JMK Tariff, or if they disregard instructions and orders from authorized personnel, litter the vehicle, disrupt the peaceful transportation of passengers with their behavior, or otherwise bother other passengers.
An authorized person with a control badge is entitled to:
- require payment of the fare supplement (hereinafter referred to as "supplement") from a passenger who fails to present a valid travel document, fails to comply with the Transport Regulations, Contractual Transport Conditions, or IDS JMK Tariff, or disregards instructions and orders from authorized personnel, litters the vehicle, disrupts the peaceful transportation of passengers with their behavior, or otherwise bothers other passengers; a passenger without a valid travel document is obliged to alight at the nearest stop after the end of the transportation control or purchase a valid travel document;
- collect the supplement in cash against a payment receipt;
- require the passenger to provide personal data stated in the document issued by the respective administrative authority necessary for the collection of the fare and supplement if the passenger has not paid on the spot.
Please note that passengers who fail to present a valid travel document according to the IDS JMK Tariff and do not pay the supplement in cash at the place of inspection will have their personal data recorded in the automated system of KORDIS JMK, a.s. in accordance with Section 5(2)(e) of Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the Protection of Personal Data, as amended.